Kombucha tea is one of the latest healthy beverages to come to the forefront. Kombucha tea is a fermented beverage made with tea, sugar, bacteria, and yeast and is said to have many health benefits. You may have started noticing kombucha making an appearance in your grocery store aisles, or perhaps you even make your own. But did you know kombucha can be made into delicious mocktails? Kombucha has actually been around for thousands of years. It first appeared in China in 220 BC. It is a probiotic that contains beneficial bacteria that improves digestion and boosts your immunity.
A mocktail that is refreshing, delicious, and good for you? Sign us up! We’ve gathered together our three favorite kombucha mocktail recipes for you to enjoy too.
2 oz of fresh lemon juice
2 oz of pineapple juice
2-3 tablespoons of ginger syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of water
1 small thumb of ginger, sliced
- Heat water, sugar, and ginger on low until all sugar has dissolved.
- Let steep for 10-15 minutes and strain into a jar.
- In a large glass fill with lemon juice, pineapple juice, and ginger syrup. Stir well and fill ¾ with crushed ice. Float the rest of the glass with a slow pour of pomegranate kombucha.
2 16-oz bottles original kombucha, unflavored
2 cups 100% orange mango juice
1 ripe mango peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Add all ingredients to a large pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
1 bottle ginger kombucha
few sprigs of mint leaves
- Juice half a lime into each of the empty glasses. Then, add the lime half and 2-3 mint leaves to the glass. Using the end of a wooden spoon muddle the lime, lime juice and mint leaves. Add half the ice and mix a bit more.
- Add the remaining ice to your glasses. Top each glass with half a bottle of the ginger kombucha. Top with sparkling water.
- Using a straw, give the glass a few stirs. Top with mint leaves.
Do you have any kombucha recipes that you love? Let us know in the comments below!